Saturday, March 14, 2009

Outdoor Green Tea(Cha) Ceremony

These photos were taken about 2 years ago when I went to South Korea. There are 5 tea cups so you could tell that there were 5 of us that joined in this outdoor tea ceremony.






We had some home made rice cake for the desert.

This lady is a Tea instructor and a very good friend.





I and as well as many other Koreans drink green tea not only for the taste, but also to have a quiet moment to focus on the inner being while drinking tea. So drinking tea is not only tasting a flavor, but it also means " thinking the flavor".  I drink to focus on my soul and to clear my mind.


4 comments:

kate said...

beautiful post, suzie, i will forward on to my friends that dont
do blogging!!!
kate

Suzie said...

Thank you, Kate!
I hope you are having a nice and relax weekend!

Anne Marie said...

fantastic! I truly have seen nothing like that before now-
I adore your ritual within your heritage (I hold dear to mine as well)
nice to meet you !!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Hi Suzie,
Thanks for visiting my blog. What a beautiful tea ceremony! Thanks for sharing.

Lorna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin