Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mirror Transformation


Here is the transformation of the mirror I bought a few weeks ago for $4.99. I really didn't have to do much except cleaning the dust thoroughly , spraying the primer and 2 coats of paint.




I've had this table for a long time and when we had a neighborhood garage sale in June, I was almost able to get rid of it. But now I'm glad it wasn't sold.



I decorated the table with my own appliques that I made and painted it. I saved a lot of money by making my own appliques. Those appliques would have costed me a fortune if I didn't make them myself.


These photos came out blurry, but it looks absolutely gorgeous if you see it!! ^^


12 comments:

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Looks fantastic Suzie!

Caroline said...

I'm a recent lurker to your blog, found it when I was googling chandelier makeovers I think. The mirror and table look fabulous together..come on over and visit sometime. I would love to have you!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, both the mirror and the table are absolutely gorgeous. I also love the accessories you have on them. What great pieces. LOVE THEM. Hugs, Marty

Jen said...

wow Suzie! You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful transformations - you see art and wonder in everything!! I love, love,love the mirror and hall table, they look fab.u.luss!

Donna-FFW said...

Suzie.. this looks absolutely beautiful. Your creativity and talent always amazes me.

kate said...

Suzie, its so cute, you do such a nice job, love the birdcage manicine...kate

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Wow! Suzie! What a gorgeous renovation! I would never have know that the beautiful new white-framed mirror once had a brown wood frame. You did an amazing job. I absolutely LOVE THE LOOK!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzie,
WOW! You did a great job on the mirror and the table! How did you make your own appliques?

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my Blog today!!!
Hopefully we can get together soon...
Aimee

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Perfect match! Love it.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

jerseyjeepgurl said...

Hi Suzie,
I am yet another woman that is BEGGING to know where you purchased the molds to make your own appliques.
I too am in need to save as much money as possible on my doing my own.

Your work is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Suzie said...

Hi,jerseyjeepgurl!!
I don't purchase the molds. I make my own molds as well! Yes, I save $$$$$!!

Rachel Coltharp said...

Oh I could just DIE of happiness finding your blog... now to make some appliques myself to do this kind of lovely in my home. How to?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin